Switch Glass is a unique combination between glass, PET, and Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal integrated in a switchable interlayer unleashes the power to change the view from opaque to clear, electrically. Switch Glass have a function that the transmittance of the glass can be controlled by electrical switching. At the same time, they have a function of the rear projection screen ( Projector Glass) as well as Interactive Glass.
Architectural windows (Interior/Exterior), Interior partition, Facade, Shop Front Window, Conference Room, Control Room, TV Studio, Exhibition, Showroom, etc.
Structure & Operating Principle :
Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal layer exists between two pieces of transparent conductive film (ITO-PET film) in a phase separated structure of liquid crystal domain and polymer matrix. When the electrical power is off, the randomly oriented liquid crystal domains scatter light (opaque). However, when the electrical power is applied, the liquid crystal molecules in the domain orient along the direction of electric field and it allows the light to pass through the film (transparent).
As a Privacy Glass:
- User’s comfort and privacy
- Protection of interior furniture & valuable items from UV damage (UV blocking : more than 98%)
- Safety & security (Laminated glass)
- Operate on ordinary AC voltage (110VAC)
- Low power consumption (+/- 4.0 watts per square meter)
As a Projector Glass:
- High bright and resolution
- Large viewing angle
- Durable & easy to clean (Glass surface)
- Projection equipment is hidden behind (Rear Projection)
- High acoustic performance : avoid noise from the projector
- Eye catching : transparent at will (ON)
As an Interactive Glass:
- Get the interactive functions by adding a touch screen sensor device or motion sensor device.